Litigation Finance and Management
Redbreast is a litigation-funding firm operating in the high-end business-to-business segment of the market. Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Redbreast funds and manages litigation and arbitration cases in the Netherlands and abroad on a no-cure-no-pay basis.
We created Redbreast to assist businesses in realizing the value of large disputed claims without the burden on working capital and management time that is usually associated with complex litigation.
To achieve this goal, Redbreast:
- provides the capital required to prosecute the claim to conclusion,
- provides non-recourse funding against litigation portfolio’s,
- brings the specific experience and expertise of a repeat player to the table,
- conducts legal and factual due diligence and asset tracing,
- makes available its network to enable selection of the best lawyers and experts for the case, and
- assists companies in managing litigation cost effectively.
Our remuneration is 100%-result-based, ensuring the interests of the client and those of Redbreast are fully aligned.
Redbreast’s directors and Investment Committee members are all prominent and experienced lawyers or former lawyers at leading firms, law professors, or former judges. For an overview of our team, click here. With capital provided by a strong group of investors, Redbreast is a partner in the litigation of complex and cost-intensive claims without parallel in the Netherlands.
Redbreast funds and manages litigation and arbitration directed at obtaining payment of a monetary claim. Examples of such claims include claims in the area of M&A and other business transactions, corporate disputes, bankruptcy, distribution and agency, anti-cartel, investment treaty arbitration, IP infringement, and claims for damages arising from any type of breach, abuse, fraudulent or wrongful actions.
When assessing a case proposed for funding and management we focus on:
- the substantive and ethical merits of the case,
- the value of the claim, whereby the realistic expected value of the claim should be at least EUR 5 million,
- the expected time and costs of litigation, and
- the recovery risk.